Resources for COVID-19
Resources will be updated regularly
MHA Dallas Resources
Quarantine Video Series
- Episode 1: Introverts vs Extroverts in Isolation
- Episode 2: Pandemic of Panic
- Episode 3: Children in Isolation
- Episode 4: Accessing Mental Health Resources
- Episode 5: Community Resources
- Episode 6: Anxiety in the Pandemic
- Episode 7: Veterans and Military Families
- Episode 8: Substance Use in Quarantine
- Episode 9: Child Abuse Pandemic
- Episode 10: Working From Home
- Episode 11: At Home with Mental Health
All of our daily support groups including Mothers and Babies have transitioned online. Please email Cole Arnold at email@example.com for more information.
Mental Health Resouces
National Crisis Hotline – 1-800-273-8255
Disaster Distress Hotline – 1-800-985-5990
National Domestic Violence Hotline – 1-800-799-7233 and TTY 1-800-787-3224
North Texas Behavioral Health Authority –
Dallas, Ellis, Hunt, Kaufman, Navarro, and Rockwall Counties
- North Texas Behavioral Health Authority (NTBHA) has launched a 24/7 Mental Health Support Line for individuals experiencing stress, anxiety, grief, and worry during and after the crisis. Call 833-251-2544.
- NTBHA is open and is currently offering all resources. Visit the NTBHA website for more information on COVID-19 resources.
LifePath Systems – Collin County
- For new referrals or those interested in starting services, call toll free 844-544-5939.
- LifePath Systems have implemented telehealth and phone-based services to provide care in the safest manner possible.
- For Individuals Currently Enrolled In Services: Appointments will continue via telehealth or over the phone. If you want to schedule increased services or have questions please call toll free 844-544-5939.
Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic at Metrocare Services
The Steven A. Cohen Military Family Clinic provides Veterans and their families with mental health services at no cost. This service is for any veteran as well as an individual or child impacted by a Veteran. The clinic provides peer-groups and individual services with clinicians on staff. The clinic has transitioned to virtual services for your protection. To schedule an appointment please call 469-680-3500 or email MFC@metrocareservices.org. Visit their website for more information.
Smart Health and Wellness Centers are open to new and established patients. Telehealth is available as well. They are accepting patients ages 10+ and can see patients within a week. Please visit their website and their Mental Health & Coronavirus Information page.
- Emergency Regulations City of Dallas
- Dallas COVID-19 Testing Site Criteria as of 4/21/2020
- City of Dallas: Rental or Mortgage Assistance and Small Business Continuity Fund (English & Spanish)
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- TX Dept of State Health Services
- City of Dallas
- Dallas County Updates
- Dallas ISD
- DFW airport Travel information
- North Texas Coronavirus Co-op
COVID-19 Testing Sites
Testing sites may require referral requirements before your visit. Please check the location’s hours and information before your visit. Call 211 for more information.
- TX COVID-19 Test Collection Sites
- Parkland Hospital Covid-19 Testing
- Texas H&HS: COVID-19 Testing Information
Kroger has announced they will expand their free drive-thru COVID-19 testing to one location in Dallas and one location in Fort Worth. Click Here for more information.
- “I’ve lost my job. How do I get health insurance?”- Center for Public Policy Priorities
- North Texas Food Bank
- The Network
- Irving ISD Foundation Food for Thought Program – Donations at 2621 Airport Frwy, Irving TX 75062
- The Bridge
- Austin Street Center
- The Network of Community Ministries Inc.
- Amazon WishList
Senior Citizen Resources
- Texas Frontline Child Care
- is a resource for frontline workers stopping the spread of COVID-19. The site is a resource for frontline workers and child care services to connect and deliver childcare in needed areas.
- Abide Women’s Health Services
- Child Care Group has provided child care resources for essential workers. Please refer to their COVID-19 Information Page.
- Texas Workforce Commission information for Child Care & Early Learning
- Charter Communications will offer free Spectrum broadband and Wi-fi access for 60 days to households with K-12 and/ college students who do not already have a Spectrum broadband subscription and at any service level up to 100Mbps. To enroll call 1-844-488-8395.
- Charter Communications will open all Wi-Fi hotspots for public use.
- Spectrum does not have data caps or hidden fees.
- List of Open Food Pantries
- North Texas Food Bank – Find a Food Bank
- Food4Kids and School Pantry programs remain fully functional, and they are partnering with the City to deliver snack/hydration kits to the homeless.
- Dallas County Health and Human Services Older Adult Services program is providing meals to homebound seniors. A hot meal drive-thru pick-up service is available at each Senior location. Seniors needing more resources, please call 214-819-1860
Shelters Open During COVID-19
- The Bridge North Texas has taken precautions for safety during COVID -19. The number of individuals has increased but the shelter continues to provide three meals a day, hygiene services, and recovery services.
- Presbyterian Night Shelter
- Union Gospel Mission
- The Salvation Army Fort Worth
- Fort Worth Convention Center
- Call 211 and provide your zip code for a list of local financial resources.
- Coronavirus Tax Relief: The IRS has deferred the federal tax filing date to July 15th. Visit the IRS website for more information.
- Disaster Scams are on the Rise: Please be wary of scam callers. Verify any donations or payments over the phone with the official institution. May payments can be made online. Do not give out private information to suspicious calls. If you believe you have been targeted for a disaster scam, please call the Office of the Texas Attorney General’s toll-free complaint line at 1-800-621-0509 or file a complaint online
- Dallas Housing Authority: If you are a Dallas Housing Authority client, immediately report loss of income to reduce your portion of rent. Inspections are restricted to health and safety only.
- Boarding Homes: Verify that your home is licensed through the City of Dallas. Each home is to undergo inspection and approval through to the city to provide each resident with safe and clean living spaces. If you need to make a complaint, please call 214-670-5780. Visit the City of Dallas Office of Boarding Homes’ website for more information.
- Legal Aid of North Texas will be working remotely through April 5. In-office appointments will only be scheduled on an as-needed basis.
- Texas Municipal League is open and is currently taking calls or emails for legal assistance.
- Texas Law Help: Legal aid website throughout Texas with reliable information for low-income and immigrant families.
- Texas Workforce Commission information for Employers
- Texas Workforce Commission information for Job Seekers
- Texas Workforce Commission information for Child Care & Early Learning
- Workforce Solutions Greater Dallas is still operating via telephone and online. Employment opportunities are updated regularly. Workforce Solutions provides resume building, adult education & literacy services and young adult services.
- Arlington ISD General Information COVID-19
- Arlington ISD Libraries have begun virtual services
- Parent Guide to At Home Learning
- Arlington ISD Food Distribution News
- Dallas ISD Meal Service Information
- Dallas ISD is providing Counseling services for current DISD students, parents/guardians or staff.
- Beginning March 25, the district will provide free breakfast and lunch in a to-go service.
Fort Worth ISD
- Fort Worth ISD has provided a COVID-19 Update Website
- The district is providing a Meals-To-Go program.
- Richardson ISD has provided a COVID-19 Update Website
- Parents/Guardians and students of Richardson ISD can access Counseling by calling their Helpline Resouce 469-593-7472.