Mental Health America of Greater Dallas understands that racism undermines mental health. We are committed to anti-racism in all that we do. This means that we pledge to work against individual racism, interpersonal racism, and institutional racism in all their forms.
But it’s not just a pledge; it’s a call to action.
Objectives for this series:
- To identify the connection between mental health and racial/ethnic equity.
- To understand definitions associated with inequities.
- To build skills enabling conversation and healing within the community.
- To provide tools for eliminating structural racism.
We invite you to our 6-month series diving deeper to understand the impact racism has on mental health.
We work to eliminate racism but we must uncover the harm it possesses over Black, Indigenous, and People of Color.
WORKSHOP THREE OF SIX
Healing from Racism
Featuring Monika Robinson, M. Ed.
Education Consultant & Instructional Leader
- Learn about historical racism in Dallas and its’ effects.
- Explore internalized racism and historical trauma.
- Build tools to heal from trauma and internalized racism.